Komomo, whose name means "little peach," is the princess of Bunnyland; she is the granddaughter of Taro Kitashirakawa, the king of Bunnyland, and the older sister of Kotomi Kitashirakawa. Komomo's age is 18 in Rabio Lepus. In Ojanko High School, Komomo uses the alias Izumi Takano.
Komomo has long hair, which she usually wears with two strands hanging over her shoulders. In some instances, her hair is dark brown, while it is black with blue highlights in others. Likewise, her eyes are sometimes brown and sometimes blue. Komomo almost always wears two long white rabbit ears. Sometimes she wears a golden crown, a tiara, or a headband. She is also always shown wearing a gown with a cape-like garment around her shoulders and a large red stone at its clasp. Usually the gown is white, but in Sonic Wings Special, Komomo's dress has blue highlights.
Throughout Video System's games, Komomo has been abducted by Yohmaoh, Gore, and either Fata Morgana or the Hildroid - possibly both! Despite being frequently kidnapped, Komomo maintains a cheerful attitude and seems to be independent; she even rescues herself sometimes when Kotomi takes too long to reach her. Although Komomo is the older of the two sisters, she isn't always the most mature: in Special, she laughs at Kotomi for being too slow! However, she is described as being good and rather quiet.
In Rabio Lepus, Komomo is kidnapped by the demon king Yohmaoh, along with her sister Kotomi and their grandfather, the king. The family is rescued by the mechanical rabbits Rabio and Lepus; Komomo is the last of the three to be found. Afterwards, she thanks Rabio and Lepus for their help.
Activity: Kendo Club
Class: Second year, fifth class
Hometown: Aomori Prefecture
Blood Type: A
Komomo appears as one of the mahjong challengers, under the name Izumi Takano. As Izumi, she is a member of the kendo club; upon defeating her, the player wins a wooden sword.
After the mid-point battle in singer-player mode, Lord River-n-White returns home to his two granddaughters, Kotomi and Komomo. They think he's only joking when he tells them about his adventures as a fighter pilot.
In single-player mode using Kotomi, Komomo has been kidnapped once again, and Kotomi fights the enemy and searches the world to rescue her. After the final boss battle, Kotomi finally reaches Komomo... but the princess has already rescued herself with a very big gun.
In two-player mode using Kotomi and "The Man," Gore, Kotomi asks Gore to help her rescue her kidnapped sister. After the final boss battle, Kotomi and Gore find the base where Komomo is being held. Gore goes in the front while Kotomi comes in the back-- just in time to see Gore abducting her sister. Gore escapes with Komomo, leaving Kotomi behind.
One-Player Mode Endings:
- Boss battle with Pandora: As in Sonic Wings 3, Kotomi reaches Komomo on an alien planet, only to find that the impatient princess has already rescued herself.
- Boss battle with Lar: Komomo is glad to see Kotomi flying the Aka Usagi, but she has already rescued herself. She advises Kotomi to use a ribbon power-up (like Rabio in Rabio Lepus). When Kotomi responds that she was using a ribbon, Komomo tells her to be more careful with her missiles and not fire them arbitrarily.
- Boss battle with Balbi: Kotomi finally reaches her sister, only to have the king scold her for being late. As it turns out, Kotomi was only practicing the rescue mission, and the king makes her start over from the beginning. "Oh, again?" sighs the princess. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
Two-Player Mode Endings:
- Boss battle with Pandora: Kotomi and Gore rescue the princess, but Gore flies away before the girls can thank him. This seems to be the only ending where Gore isn't a villain.
- Boss battle with Lar: As in Sonic Wings 3, Kotomi and Gore land at the base where the captured princess is being held. Gore tells Kotomi that he'll go in first, but when she enters, she finds that he has now kidnapped Komomo! The Aka Usagi chases after the Diabloon with Kotomi yelling for Gore to wait up. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
- Boss battle with Balbi: Kotomi lands at the base, but her sister is not there. She tries to question a soldier about the princess's whereabouts, but Gore shoots him with an arrow before he can answer. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
Komomo appears on a monitor in the background of the Kyoto stage.
Voice Samples Edit
- "Arigatou, Usagi-chan!" ("Thank you, Bunny!", Rabio Lepus)