Kotomi Kitashirakawa, whose name means "pretty little rabbit," is the granddaughter of Project Blue commander Lord River-n-White. Her older sister, Komomo Kitashirakawa, is the frequently-kidnapped princess of Bunnyland, and Kotomi is considered to be the "second princess." Kotomi is devoted to her sister, although she gets impatient or frustrated by Komomo at times. After the events of Rabio Lepus, Kotomi joins the Bunnyland army in order to protect her sister.
Kotomi has short brown hair, brown eyes in Rabio Lepus, and blue eyes in the Sonic Wings series. In the original Rabio Lepus, Kotomi wears a Playboy-style bunny girl outfit, but in Rabio Lepus Special, she wears a more modest full-body bunny suit. In the Sonic Wings games, Kotomi dresses more practically, wearing a tank top or a shirt and vest. She also wears caps with bunny ears on them. Her Sonic Wings attire is the uniform of the Bunnyland army.
In Rabio Lepus, Kotomi Kitashirakawa is kidnapped along with her sister Komomo Kitashirakawa (princess of Bunnyland) and their grandfather Taro Kitashirakawa (king of Bunnyland). The family is rescued by the mechanical rabbits Rabio and Lepus. Unlike the other two members of the royal family, Kotomi's appearance changes greatly for the remake, Rabio Lepus Special: she looks much younger and is shown wearing a bunny costume rather than the sexier bunny-girl outfit from the original game.
Activity: Tennis Club
Class: First year, second class
Blood Type: A
Kotomi appears as one of the mahjong challengers, under the name Kitayami Fuyumi. As Fuyumi, she is a member of the tennis club; upon defeating her, the player wins a tennis racket.
After the final boss battle in singer-player mode, Lord River-n-White returns home to his two granddaughters, Kotomi and Komomo. They think he's only joking when he tells them about his adventures as a fighter pilot.
Kotomi's first appearance as a playable character comes in Sonic Wings 3, where she is a secret unlockable character. Komomo has been kidnapped once again, and Kotomi fights the enemy and searches the world to rescue her. After the final boss battle, Kotomi finally reaches Komomo... but the princess has already rescued herself with a very big gun.
In two-player mode, Kotomi is paired with "The Man," Gore. Kotomi asks Gore for help in rescuing her kidnapped sister. Their relationship is mostly business-like, although Kotomi calls him "gramps" once. After the final boss battle, they find the base where Komomo is being held. Gore goes in the front while Kotomi comes in the back-- just in time to see Gore kidnapping her sister. Gore escapes with Komomo, leaving Kotomi behind.
Kotomi returns in Special with a new outfit and longer ears, but she is still flying the Aka Usagi on a mission to rescue her sister, Princess Komomo. In two-player mode, Kotomi is again paired with "The Man," Gore.
One-Player Mode Endings:
- Boss battle with Pandora: As in Sonic Wings 3, Kotomi reaches Komomo on an alien planet, only to find that the impatient princess has already rescued herself.
- Boss battle with Lar: Komomo is glad to see Kotomi flying the Aka Usagi, but she has already rescued herself. She advises Kotomi to use a ribbon power-up (like Rabio in Rabio Lepus). When Kotomi responds that she was using a ribbon, Komomo tells her to be more careful with her missiles and not fire them arbitrarily.
- Boss battle with Balbi: Kotomi finally reaches her sister, only to have the king scold her for being late. As it turns out, she was only practicing the rescue mission, and the king makes her start over from the beginning. "Oh, again?" sighs the princess. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
Two-Player Mode Endings:
- Boss battle with Pandora: Kotomi and Gore rescue the Komomo, but Gore flies away before the girls can thank him. This seems to be the only ending where Gore isn't a villain.
- Boss battle with Lar: As in Sonic Wings 3, Kotomi and Gore land at the base where the captured princess is being held. Gore tells Kotomi that he'll go in first, but when she enters, she finds that he has now kidnapped Komomo! The Aka Usagi chases after Gore's Diabloon with Kotomi yelling for Gore to wait up. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
- Boss battle with Balbi: Kotomi lands at the base, but her sister is not there. She tries to question a soldier about the princess's whereabouts, but Gore shoots him with an arrow before he can answer, saying they've talked too much about the princess. A rough translation of this scene is in the gallery below.
Kotomi appears on a monitor in the background of the Kyoto stage.
Voice Samples Edit
- "Thank you!" (Rabio Lepus)