SukuSuku Inufuku (which means "quickly, lucky dog") features the rather odd-looking dog Inufuku, who also has cameos in some of the later Sonic Wings games. The game spans a year; in January, the player adopts an Inufuku to raise. Throughout the year, the player encounters a variety of characters who challenge her/him to quizzes and competitive games. The player's performance on the challenges influences how her/his Inufuku looks as it grows up. The characters, locations, and title cards for each month that show up in the game also vary.
The game also includes a quiz-only mode where the player is challenged with sets of increasingly difficult quiz questions.
Besides Inufukus showing up in the Sonic Wings series, several Sonic Wings and other Video System cameos appear in SukuSuku Inufuku:
- River-n-White appears as Taro Kitashirakawa (his name in Rabio Lepus) with bonus quiz questions
- Mao Mao appears in an army show as the honorary "Division Commander for the Day"
- Sonic Wings Limited and Tao Taido machines appear in an arcade
- A pair of twins owns two Inufuku who wear hats like Chaika and Pooshika
- One quiz question shows images of Mecha-Keaton, Lar, Rabio, Lepus, and Tenukie Chaudo
- Two Tenukie Chaudo toys appear as prizes in a crane game machine
- A mola mola like Manbou is shown on a sign at the swimming pool
A sketchbook called Inufuku Breeders was released with official character sketches and commentary.
Game Versions Edit
SukuSuku Inufuku was released for arcades in Japan only. Used hardware appears to be hard to find.
PlayStation 2 Edit
In 2004, Hamster released SukuSuku Inufuku for the PlayStation 2. It appears to have little difference from the arcade version. The PlayStation version was reissued as well, but both the original and reissued discs are widely available on Japanese sites and on eBay. The game is available for download on PlayStation Asia but not the US site; there are also a variety of avatars available.